Become a Host
The Host Committee is an integral part of our organization and makes up the legal voting body of Joining Hearts, Inc. Our Hosts ultimately determine our success and ability to fulfill our mission since the Board of Directors is nominated from within and elected by members of the Host Committee.
We encourage each Host to identify an area of interest and share their knowledge, talents, and expertise in a given field where their strengths are best utilized. These areas could include but are not limited to marketing, development, project management, event coordination and organization.
Committees are formed annually to assist specific duties of the Board of Directors, including:
- Finance Committee –
- General administrative tasks and Front of House duties (guest check-in, accepting donation payments, etc.).
- Communications Committee –
- Mailing list management, press releases, website updates, social media management, and email newsletter distribution.
- Marketing Committee –
- Graphic design, outreach marketing, and event promotion.
- Events Committee –
- Event planning and execution, including determining location/venue, set-up, breakdown, and décor design.
- Development Committee –
- Fundraising and corporate sponsorships.
- Volunteer Committee –
- Recruiting volunteers, managing their interests, and assigning duties as determined by the Board of Directors.
Hosts are required to actively participate in at least 2 of our 6 core events in addition to assisting with other promotions (third-party events) and community work days. In addition, all members are required to sign and adhere to a Confidentiality Pledge and pay annual dues of $50.00.
SIGN UP NOW
Have questions? Please contact, Director of Volunteers.